|Contact Address ||:||Jl. Grafika 2, Yogyakarta (55281), Indonesia|
|Office Phone ||:||+62-274-513668|
|Office Fax ||:||+62-274-513668|
|Office E-Mail ||:|
|Alternate E-mail ||:|
Geological Engineering |
|Teaching and Supervision Expertise ||:||S3|
|Curriculum Vitae ||:
|Education Background :|
- Doctor, Faculty of Engineering, Leeds University, United Kingdom, September 1993 - Present
- Master, Faculty of Engineering, Leeds University, United Kingdom, September 1992 - Present
- Undergraduate, Deparment of Geology/Faculty of Engineering, Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, August 1983 - August 1988
Thesis : -
|Research Interest :|
- Landslide, Engineering Geology, Environmental Geology
|Research Cluster/Group :|
- International Program on Landslide Award, presented in the 3rd World Landslide Forum , Beijing, China,, 2014
- International Program on Landslides Award, presented in the 2nd World Landslide Forum , FAO – Roma, Italy, 2011
- Best Paper and Presentation in the International Association, Engineering Geology conference, Nottingham, UK., 2006
- Best paper and best presentation in Joint Convention on Indonesian Association of Geologist, – Ind. Assoc. of Geophysicists – Ind. Assoc. of Petroleum Engineers., 2005
- Leverhulme Professorship Award. Institute for Advanced Studies,, University of Bristol, England, UK., 2002
- Graduate Research Team Grant, World Bank, 1999
- Hitachi Scholarship Foundation for Post Doctoral Research, -, 1998
- The Young Academic Award, World Bank, 1997
|Work Experience :|
- Vice President , March 2014 - Present, International Consortium on Landslide
- Vice Rector, March 2012 - March 2014, Cooperation and University Business Development
- Guest Lecturer, February 2012 - Present, School of Earth and Space Exploration, Arizona State University, USA.
- Guest Lecturer, February 2012 - Present, University of California at Davis, USA.
- Guest Lecturer, February 2012 - Present, University of California at Sacramento, USA.
- E-Learning Lecturer, January 2012 - Present, Natural Resources Management for Sustainable Development, UNESCO.
- Fulbright Visiting Professor, September 2011 - February 2012, Geological Sciences Department and Visualization Center, San Diego State University, USA.
- Editor in Chief on Geological Engineering, May 2011 - Present, ASEAN Journal of Engineering
- Development and Application of Technology for Landslide Early Warning System to Mining and Geothermal Companies in Indonesia and Myanmar., September 2010 - Present, -
- Editor, March 2010 - Present, the ASEAN Journal of Applied Geology
- Coordinator for Interdisciplinary Research on Disaster Mitigation,, May 2008 - May 2013, Asian University Network/ South East Asian Engineering Education Development Network– Japan International Corporation Agency (AUN/SEED Net – JICA).
- UNESCO’s peer review on landslide hazard study for Global Risk Update, April 2008 - Present, the Global Assessment Report (GAR) on Disaster Reduction.
- Coordinator of Geological Engineering Field,, August 2004 - August 2011, Asian University Network/ South East Asian Engineering Education Development Network– Japan International Corporation Agency (AUN/SEED Net – JICA).
- Lecturer and Researcher, January 2004 - Present, Environmental Geology and Engineering Geology for Asian University Network/SEED-Net.
- Joint supervision with professor, January 2004 - January 2008, Urban and Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan on Landslide Mitigation and Management Research for Post Graduate Students.
- Visiting Researcher, January 2003 - Present, Landslide Engineering in Institute for Advanced Studies Bristol Univ. UK.
- Visiting Lecturer with topic of Environmental Geology for Water Resources Management, in the Intern, June 2000 - March 2002, LUND University, Sweden
- Visiting Researcher, September 1998 - November 1998, Laboratory of Erosion Control Engineering, Tokyo University of Agricultural and Technology, Japan.
- Lecturer and Researcher on Environmental Geology and Engineering Geology , January 1990 - Present, Geological Engineering Dept. Gadjah Mada Univ. Indonesia.
| Participant in Scientific Activities :|
- Universitas Katolik Parahyangan, Bandung, Seminar Nasional 2007 dengan tema " Geotechnics for Earthquake Engineering" , September 2007
- , Kursus Singkat Bagian Ke III Penyusun Masterplan Penganggulangan Banjir dan Longsor dengan Integralistik Berbasis Masyarakat , June 2007
- , Kursus Singkat Bagian Ke II Penyusun Masterplan Penganggulangan Banjir dan Longsor dengan Integralistik Berbasis Masyarakat , June 2007
- , Seminar Manajemen Bencana dalam Konteks Tata Ruang, April 2007
- , Studium Generate "Antisipasi Bahaya Geologi/Geoteknik" , April 2007
- , Workshop Nasional Pengendalian Degradasi Lahan dalam Rangka Mitigasi Banjir Bandang, August 2006
- Balai Penelitian Geomatika, Forum Riset Geomatika (GeoReFomm) 2006 dengan tema "Multi-Hazard :Challennges for Risk Assessment, Mapping and Management ", August 2006
- , Training of Trainer manajemen Bencana Berbasis Sekolah, August 2006
- Program Pendamping Sekolah Darurat , Pelatihan Keterampilan Psikologi Pasca Gempa Bagi Guru PAUD/TK dengan Tema " Memahami Bencana Alam Indonesia " , July 2006
- , Application of Seep/w (Slope Hydrodynamic Numerical Modeling related to Rain –Induced Landslide Prediction and Prevention - Funded by Hitachi Scholarship Foundation., September 1998
- , 2011 – now : Development of Smart Grid for Landslide Hazard Monitoring, Communication and Early Warning, collaborative research with San Diego State University and Pacific Disaster Center, USA.,
- Kyoto University, Japan , 2010-2013 : Development of Rock Mass Classification in Volcanic Tropical Region with Active Tectonic Setting. Collaborative Research with Dept. of Civil and Earth Resources Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan and ASEAN University Network/Seed Net.,
- Kyoto University, Japan, 2010-2012 : Initiation mechanism of rainstorm-induced landslides and their early warning system under extreme weather conditions for developing countries. Collaborative Research with Disaster Research Prevention Institute – Kyoto University, Japan.,
- Kyoto University, Japan, 2008 - 2010 : Real-time Landslide Early Warning System in Asia. Collaborative Research with International Consortium on Landslide and Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University, Japan. 2007-n,
- British Council, 2007 – 2010 : Seismic and Landslide Hazard Mapping for Public Empowerment in Yogyakarta Province. Collaborative Research with the University of East Anglia, UK, supported by the British Council.,
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam., 2007-2009: Landslide mitigation in ASEAN, the AUN/ SEED NET Collaborative Research with Urban and Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan and Faculty of Geology and Petroleum Engineering, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam.,
- , Development of Community-based Landslide Early Warning System, Collaborative Research between UGM - Disaster Research Prevention Institute-Kyoto University, Japan (2009-2012), and with the Indonesian Ministry of Development for Disadvantage Regions and National Agency for Disaster Management (2007 – 2008).,
- , 2006-2007: Earthquake Induced Landslide Investigation and Mapping at Yogyakarta Special Province, Indonesia. Sponsored by JICA-AUN/SEED NET and Geological Engineering Department Gadjah Mada University.,
- , 2003-2008: Development of Sustainable Slope Protection in Tropical Residual Soils. Collaborative Research with Kyoto Univ, Japan – Yangoon Univ, Myanmar and Institute of Technology Cambodia, Cambodia.,
- , 2003: Development of Community Early Warning System and Slope Protection against Rain-induced Landslides in Java - collaborative research with Institute for Advanced Studies and Dept of Geography at Bristol University, England, UK (Jan - March 2003).,
- , 2001-2003: Landslide Hazard Mapping in East Java, Magelang, Kulon Progo, Purworejo and Banten.,
- , 1999-2001: Towards Sustainable Coastal Development in the South of Yogyakarta; A Geological Assessment for Coastal Management (as research Coordinator),- Graduate Research Team-URGE Project funded by Directorate of Higher Education, Indonesian Ministry of National Education and World Bank.,
- , Prediction on Rain-induced Landslide by Incorporating Slope Hydrodynamics Simulation - The young academic funded by Directorate of Higher Education, Indonesian Ministry of National Education and World Bank (1997 - 1998).,